Instructions for authors
Papers and abstracts should be submitted using the ConfTool system, which requires to register first.
Full paper submission:
Final notification: 15.07.2019
Submission of final version of full paper: 15.08.2019
Early bird registration: 15.08.2019
Final date for Registration: 15.09.2019
The abstracts should be submitted by 31st January 2019 23:59:59 CET at the ConfTool system. Please be aware that your abstract can contain text only and that the recommended length is 400 words. The template for the abstract submission can be found here.
Full paper submission
Authors of accepted abstracts are invited to submit full papers through the ConfTool system until
31st May 2019 15th June 2019.
Each paper will go through a blind reviewing process by the Scientific Committee.
Please take a note that the first version of the full papers should not include authors’ names and affiliations.
There is 5 page limit for the content (including title + abstract with keywords), references can be added on the next page.
In case that your paper content exceeds 5 pages we would ask you to add additional graphs/tables/equitation in Appendix, which comes after the reference section.
The working language of the conference is English. All accepted papers for EEM19 must be presented to the audience through oral presentation.
Once authors get the final notification about papers they are invited to prepare the final version. All papers presented at EEM 2019 will be published in IEEE Xplore. For that reason upon final notification about the accepted papers, authors are invited to resubmit the full paper by
15th July 2019 15th August 2019 using IEEE PDF eXpress to ensure compatibility with IEEE Xplore´s formatting. guidelines. The final version of accepted papers for oral presentations at the conference need to be prepared as follows:
1. Before creating your PDF, please add the following copyright notice to the footer of the first page of your document:
978-1-7281-1257-2/19/$31.00 ©2019 IEEE
As a reference, you can use the paper template (please check the copyright notice in the footer of the first page) or browse the IEEE Xplore database for previous conference publications.
2. Create a PDF version of your paper using the IEEE PDFeXpress tool. In order to generate the PDF-file, proceed to the link:
If you are a first-time user, click on the tab new users and enter the conference ID code 45825X. Then enter your email address and set a password.
If you are already registered in PDFeXpress (previous conference submissions via PDFeXpress) then login, enter your password and enter the conference ID 45825X.
For each conference paper you co-authored, click on “create new title”, enter the title of the paper and upload your Word file. Upon successful completion, you will receive an email with your converted PDF-file or in the case that an incompatibility was detected, a report detailing why it failed will be sent to you. In this case, please correct the indicated problems and resubmit the Word document.
3. Please make sure to complete and sign the IEEE Copyright Form.
Please do not forget to add TITLE (Contribution title), AUTHORS (Contribution authors) and IEEE PUBLICATION TITLE (16th European Energy Market Conference).
4. Use the ConfTool conference system to upload your full paper PDF (created with IEEE PDF eXpress) and IEEE Copyright Form PDF. Therefore, login to your user account and upload the files in the section: Your Submissions.
5. All papers submitted to EEM19 must be presented to the audience through oral presentation (PPT presentation template is available here). Time for each paper presentation should not exceed: 8 minutes presentation and 2 minutes for discussion/questions. Authors are invited to bring their presentation 10-15 minutes before the session beginning on the USB memory stick in PDF and PPT format and conference technical staff will install it on a computer in the session room.